- 5 or more liters of liquid nitrogen and associated safety gear
- 2 quarts (1.9 liters) of Half and Half
- 1 cup (237 ml) of sugar
- 4 teaspoons (20 ml) of vanilla (optional)
- 2 cups (473 ml) of strawberries (or whatever flavor you like)
- wooden spoon
- wire wisk
- large plastic punch bowl
1. Mix the Half and Half, sugar and vanilla in a large plastic punch bowl with a wire wisk.
2. Add the flavoring. Wire wisk the mixture further if needed.
3. Pour a small amount (about 250 ml) of liquid nitrogen directly into the plastic punch bowl.
4. Stir the mixture with a wooden spoon. Be careful not to splash! (Helpers should be wearing gloves and goggles!!)
5. Keep adding small amounts of liquid nitrogen until the mixture becomes too thick to stir.
6. Allow any excess liquid nitrogen to boil off before serving.